Tuesday, January 31, 2023

On Cupid's Wings

Hello Everyone!  Today I am featuring one last Valentine for you:


This was a really fun card to make and a bit different from the other ones as it has more of a vintage flair.  I used Creative Impressions stamp #V168 and stamped it in black on a piece of white cardstock.  I colored the image in with colored pencils and then added some Burgundy Country Hearts (90330) in two places on the piece.  I adhered the image to a black mat and set it aside.

The card itself was created by cutting off the bottom half of the card front (approx).  I then added a piece of patterned paper to the inside of the card which was matted to a black piece.  For the top front of the card, I ran a strip of white cardstock through one of my embossing folders, blended lightly some soft pink ink to the top of the embossing, cut it down to fit the top front of the card and added a black mat to this piece as well.

To finish the card, I wrapped a piece of our beautiful 3/4" Crepe Ribbon Dusty Rose Ribbon (70126) around the bottom portion of the card front and tied a bow towards the left side.  I placed foam tape onto the top portion only of my previously set aside image and adhered it so that the entire image is on the front of the card.

To finish, I created another small panel for the card inside which is hidden beneath the Cupid image.


I stamped Happy Valentine's Day in black (D175) so that it will show up when the card is opened.  That's it!  Not difficult, but it looks like you went to a lot of work!

Happy Valentine's Day from all of us at Creative Impressions!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment