Tuesday, August 1, 2023

By the Sea, By the Sea..."

 Hello Everyone:  In keeping with our Beach/Ocean Theme, I have another card to share with you:


I began my creating a watery background using Distress Inks and Salt.  you can easily find these techniques on the internet.  You can also use water instead of salt.  Set aside.

This stamp (U116) is a rubber stamp with all three images on it.  I stamped and embossed the seahorse with white  on a scrap of blue card and the shell and starfish on a rusty background.  Both stamps have wonderful words on them but this time I wanted to see what would happen if I blurred them a bit to look like texture.  Mission accomplished!  Finally, I cut them out and set them aside.

I adhered a piece of our wonderful Cork Paper onto the bottom of my ocean background and stamped "By The Sea..." separately on the cork.  Stamping on cork gives a beautiful result!  (This sentiment is from the same rubber stamp, making it more versatile as well) I used foam tape to adhere my shell, seahorse and starfish slightly over the cork.

This panel was adhered to a slightly larger white panel, then a dark blue panel, a patterned paper panel, another dark blue panel and finally to a white card.

I wanted something to look like seaweed to finish this composition, so I turned to Creative Impressions 1/4" Grid Ribbon in Green Apple 70278.  I love this ribbon as it curls so nicely when you want it to and looks like the seaweed I was looking for!

Hope you like this undersea card!  Check out our blog next week for another card using the same set!

Happy Crafting

Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment