Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Christmas in August

Hello Everyone!  Don't tell me you haven't heard of Christmas in August?!   Well, this is for all of us who didn't get a head start on Christmas cards in July.  I know there are a lot of us!  So, here is another Christmas card which just might be my Christmas card this year!


I wish you could see this card in person!  It was created with our Silver Bells Stamp (YY230-A) and Creative Impressions                      paper.  The paper itself has many different holographic colors to it.  I decided to see how the silver bell would stamp onto acetate.  Well, much to my happiness, it stamped very well.  I stamped the bell with dark blue permanent ink onto a piece of acetate.  I then cut around the bell and adhered it over the paper by placing a bit of liquid glue at the top and at the bottom where it wouldn't show.  Finally, I cut around the paper so that it was even with the acetate.  Set aside.

After cutting a piece of patterned paper and adhering it to a dark blue mat, I die cut a pine bough and adhered it to towards the top of the piece.  I wrapped a piece of our beautiful Lt. Silver Gray 1/4" Glimmer ribbon (70267) and wrapped it around the top of the piece.

All that was left to do was adhere the bell to the center of the pine bough.  I used a piece of Silver Leafy Vine (70226)  and created a bow with our 5/8" Silver Organdy  Satin Edge Ribbon (70470).  Using a Silver Snowflake  (92007 ) brad,  I punched a hole through the silver bow and leafy vine and finally through the top of the bell and mat to secure the brad to the mat.  Using some more liquid glue, place a bit behind the bell clapper to secure it to the paper.

This was so easy to put together and yet, with the fabulous paper behind the acetate, the bell makes such a statement on the card.  Not much else is needed except for a sentiment on the inside and you're done.  Easy to make lots!

Merry Christmas in August!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment