Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Summer isn't Over Yet!

 Hello Everyone:  Even though many kids have returned to school, Summer isn't over yet!  Here's a simple slimline card to enjoy:


You may recognize these images from several previous posts.  I used Creative Impressions Red Rubber Stamp  (U116).  Using dark blue ink, I stamped the seahorse, shell and starfish onto large white die cut circles.  It didn't matter if all of the image fit onto the circle.  I set these aside.  Then I did cut a larger circle and used "Sending You Happy Little Thoughts" from our stamp  E170.  I also die cut a few smaller circles to intermingle with the others and, using the cap from a ball point pen, I created little bubbles onto the smaller circles as well as the sentiment circles.

I also die cut some foliage from navy blue cardstock and punched out some small pine branches from white scraps.  All of this was set aside which I worked on the background.

To create the background, I used light blue card stock and ran in through water embossing folder.  I had to run it through twice so that the water embossing pattern would cover the entire panel.  This panel was then adhered to a white slimline card.

All that was left to do was to lay all of the previously created pieces into a pleasing pattern on top of the card.  Once this was accomplished I used foam tape in differing heights to adhere the circles.  The foliage was adhered with liquid glue.

As  you can see, there was no coloring, so this piece comes together easily and is a great way to use up scraps.  

Enjoy the last weeks of Summer!

Susan



1 comment:

  1. Super cute, Susan! Very clever to use the die cuts to look like underwater vegetation.

    ReplyDelete