Tuesday, July 25, 2023

"The Sea Holds One in its Net of Wonder Forever"

Hello Everyone:  We hope that everyone is having a wonderful Summer.  Many of you will head to the beach and enjoy the ocean.  Here is a card to celebrate the ocean:


I love lighthouses. Creative Impressions has this wonderful Lighthouse Silhouette Rubber Stamp T319 that I used.  I stamped it with Dark Blue permanent ink on a scrap of white cardstock.  I noticed some slight "spots" when I stamped the lighthouse, but decided they added to the ocean theme, so they were left in place.  I then colored the windows with a yellow marker, cut it out and set it aside.



To create the porthole, I die cut a piece of white cardstock that was doubled for strength using two different sizes of circles.  I then wrapped small lengths of Thin Jute Twine in Natural (80604) 4 times around the porthole and adhered the ends of the twine with liquid glue.  I finished it with the addition of 4 Copper Mini-Round brads (95553).  Set aside.  Now using the inside of the porthole as a template, lightly mark with a pencil where to stamp the sentiment "The sea holds one in its net of wonder forever" by Jacques Cousteau on a white panel and stamp the sentiment in black. Set aside.

Adhere a patterned paper panel that has been die cut with the smaller circle used to create the porthole to a dark blue cardstock panel and then to a white folded card.  Now take your porthole and and center it around the previously die cut panel in the patterned paper.  Place foam tape around the porthole and adhere it to the patterned paper panel.

I then added foam tape to my lighthouse, being careful to avoid the porthole area so that it isn't too "lumpy. " To finish I used Creative Impressions Cork Paper (89000) for "sand".  I tore a narrow piece and adhered it along the bottom of the card, cutting a piece for the lighthouse separately so that it adhered down well.

That's it!  Now it's your turn to create this "Summer Sea" theme.

Happy Crafting

Susan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment