Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Is it Spring yet?

 Hello everyone!  One of the things I love about my dear friend and co-designer here at Creative Impressions is her annual countdown to Spring. Once Winter hits,  Cheryl is all about flip-flops and warm weather, but she lives in the mountains.  I think her last "Spring" post said there were 11 days til Spring.  Well, we have officially arrived!  This card is in honor of Cheryl!

I think we are all ready to see some lovely flowers, I  know I am!  I used Creative Impressions Polymer Stamp Set M111 to create this card.  I started by stamping "Scatter Joy" and "You are my Sunshine" on a green patterned paper panel adhered to a piece of black card stock.  I also stamped the flower design once on the green panel and another time on a piece of white scrap card stock using magenta ink.  I then cut out the flowers and "heart" shaped leaves and adhered them over the top of the original design on the green paper using foam tape.

To add a little fun to the panel, I added one of our white Heart Clips (Pink, Red and White Assort 85034) to the top of the green panel and placed a flower brad (White and Yellow Daisy 90662) inside the heart clip.  I attached another flower brad to the bottom of the panel as well and finished them with a Magenta Mini Round Brad from Tropical Mini Rounds 90194.  (I obviously cut off the prongs with clippers first).    A piece of 1/8" Magenta Grosgrain Ribbon (70508) was wrapped around the bottom of the panel.   I then set the panel aside.

I created another panel using Magenta patterned paper with another piece of black card stock behind it.  I set this aside so that I could first adhere a piece of Celery Leafy Vine (70220) to the top and bottom of a white card.  Then I was able to lay the two panels down to determine placement of three White Mini Rounds from our Primary Mini Round Assort 90190.  Once the mini rounds were in place, I adhered the two panels down on the card.

I hope you enjoyed this little Pop of Spring card and are looking forward to the Season as much as we are!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment