Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Spring is on the way!


Yes, it's 3 degrees outside right now.  

Three.  Degrees.

But I cheer myself up knowing spring is on the way!  In 25 days, in fact.  😊 💐

Fun elements for this card:

The Cork Paper* layer is burned around the edges.   I burned the edges with a lighter, dipping the flames in water as I worked.  Warning: your house will smell like something's burning for a while.  Cause it was.

The bird's nest was formed using Natural Twine*.  I loosely wrapped twine around a paintbrush several times and glued the loops to a bit of burlap.  Repeat with increasing larger diameters around a pencil, etc.  While the glue was still wet, I stretched the burlap to make an oval.  Then I cut snips of twine and tucked them into sides and bottom of the nest.  I glued a few pearls into the nest and done!  It would also be fun to color the pearls with blue alcohol ink for robins eggs.

The three layers got a dusting of Stampendous embossing powder to tie them all together.

Have fun and Happy Spring (almost)!

*Creative Impressions products used for this card:
Creative Impressions clear stamp set: Y578 Love
Natural Twine #80604
Bits of Bling Cream Pearls #50511
Cork Paper  #89005

Other:
Stampendous Encrusted Jewel Embossing Powder EJS04

 

No comments:

Post a Comment