Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Celebrate Everything Green!

 Hi Everyone!  Now that Valentine's Day is over, it's time to focus on St. Patrick's Day.  You know you don't have to be Irish to celebrate and have fun on St. Patrick's Day, right?  One of the things I love about St. Patrick's Day cards is that the Irish Blessings pertain to every day, don't they?  Here is my take on a couple of cards:

I used the same background paper on both of the cards.  


For the first card I stamped the Irish Blessing on a piece of scrap white cardstock over to the right side and then used Creative Impressions rubber stamp AA107 with the sweet set of three tiny clovers, stamping them multiple times down the left side of the card.  I mounted this piece onto a larger green mat, leaving more space on the right side.  This gave me enough room to wrap a piece of our St Patricks Day Clover Ribbon around the mat.

I took three Mini Round Spiral Clips, (84998) adding two to the right side of the main piece and adding a Metallic Green Mini Round (90193) to the center of the Spiral Clips.  To the third clip I added a piece of St. Patrick's Day ribbon before adding it to the left side of the main card and adding another Metallic Round.  This is also a wonderful decorative way to use up those small pieces of leftover ribbon!

Finally I adhered this main piece to a white card to which I have already added a piece of patterned paper mounted to another green cardstock mat.

Now for the second card:


All of the images and sentiments are from Creative Impressions' polymer Stamp set                                 .  I stamped the two sentiments and the image on scrap white cardstock pieces, colored the shamrocks and went around the images with green ink.  I added a Metallic Butterfly Paper Fastener (           )to the shamrock image before adhering all three piece to the center of a piece of patterned paper previously adhered to a white card.

To finish the card, I cut two strips of white cardstock and adhered a piece of Celery Green Grosgrain Ribbon (70561) to the center of the strip, following by a strip of Eyelet Ribbon ( 70729 ).  To finish I added two White buttons (51000) which had Thin Jute Twine (80612 Green Apple) threaded through them (with a bow created on the back of the button) towards the top and the bottom of one strip and adhered them to the card.  I adhered one white button to the other strip and adhered it to the left side of the card.  As you can see these cards were easy to create.  I found that the embellishments used really made the cards pop!

Have fun creating your own green cards for St. Patty's Day or any day of the year!

Susan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment