Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Getting Ready for St. Patrick's Day!


Hello Everyone:  I don't have a drop (well, maybe a drop) of Irish blood in me, but that doesn't stop me from celebrating St. Patrick's Day.  It is also my son's birthday.  I sure panicked about green beer in his future when he was born on this day!  So...in honor of the day I have some cards to share with you from our MSE stamp line.

Both cards were super simple as we have the Shamrock Ribbon that makes a statement on the cards.


For this first card I used an embossing folder to first create a pattern on the white card panel.  Then I added a piece of green card stock to the bottom portion of the card.  I punched three circles from white card stock scraps and stamped the shamrock with green ink on the circle.  All three circles were then adhered to the bottom portion of the card.  The Shamrock ribbon covers the edge of the green card stock  nicely and a bow finishes the card center.  

The last thing to do to finish the card was to stamp "Happy St. Patrick's Day" on another piece of white scrap, layer to a green panel and finally adhere to the top portion of the card with foam tape.

Now for the second card:


I actually created this card last year thinking I had to update it with an MSE stamp.  However, I found I had already used a MSE stamp!  I guess I really love them!

Our Shamrock Ribbon was adhered around a green panel and a black strip of scrap card stock and a bow added.  I stamped the Irish Blessing on another scrap and layered it to a black panel and then to the green panel.  

I used two of our small White Blossoms, two small Green Felt Leaves and a Yellow Button to make two flowers.  I finally added a Yellow Jute twine bow behind the blossoms and adhered them to opposite corners of my "Blessings" panel.  Easy

More cards to come!  Stay tuned!

Susan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment