Tuesday, January 9, 2024

A Masculine Birthday Card

 Hello Everyone!  I imagine you all are looking ahead to Valentine's Day and getting your cards made, however, there are lots of people also celebrating birthdays!  My hubby has one coming up in a week!  So...in honor of all those men having birthdays, I have created this card:


 

You may have noticed that this card is very similar to the 'O Christmas Tree Bridge card that I did for the Holidays.  Indeed it is!  I just loved the pattern and couldn't stop coming up with ideas!  I will have a few more to share with you as well at a later date.

I used white cardstock to create the base of the card.  Once the bridge card was folded according to the instructions, I cut striped paper to fit the sides and back and tan paper to fit the front.  Before adhering the striped paper for the sides of the card, I adhered a Black Antique round #Antique Rounds 84454 to the top of the each strip using a Copper Mini Round from #95557 Antique Assorted Mini Rounds.  I then added a length of 1/4" Single Stitch Grosgrain #70924 Black with Cream Stitching from the bottom of the card to the Antique Round.  I folded back the grosgrain and attached it to itself with another copper mini round.
Then I adhered the paper strips to the sides of the card.

To the bottom strip of the card I added a piece of our Twill Expressions ##80484 Tire Tracks.  I stamped the vintage car from Creative Impressions Stamp Set #YCC227 Classic Car Silhouette onto a piece of white cardstock, using a stamp positioner.  I inked up the stamp multiple times with black ink to get such a wonderful clear impression.  The car was cut out and adhered to the bottom of the card over the tire tracks.  Here is the set I used.



To finish the card, I stamped "You're not old, You're a Classic" from the same stamp set onto a piece of white scrap.  I cut a black mat slightly larger, adhered it to the sentiment piece and finished by adding a copper mini round to each of the four corners of the sentiment.  This piece was then adhered to the back of the card using foam tape.

This is a simple card to make, doesn't take much time and is looks impressive.  This stamp set is so versatile as it works for birthdays and Father's Day.  

Enjoy making your own!
Susan






No comments:

Post a Comment