Tuesday, November 15, 2022

The Elf in All of Us!

Hello Everyone:

One of my favorite Christmas movies is "Elf".  I just love that Will Ferrell is determined to teach this "uptight" Dad about the magic of the holidays and having fun in life.  If you love elves and their magic too, you will hopefully love this card:


 I had such a great time creating the card!  Creative Impressions' Polymer Stamp Set number Y554 Inner Elf had all the images I needed with the exception of the small holly from Set TT217 Holiday Sentiments.

I began by stamping the elf hat onto a white cardstock panel with dark green ink. I then stamped the circle with "spikes" below the hat.  I got the idea to create a collar for my elf, so I cut in half two small squares of patterned paper backed by dark green mats, arranging them on the card to look like a collar.  The holly was stamped twice under the collar and then the sentiment "Celebrate you inner elf" was stamped right below.  Note that the words happened to fit perfectly under the holly section.  Yay!  Finally, I stamped the word "elf" from the sentiment on the upper left side of the panel to balance out the composition.

To finish the panel, I colored in the words "elf" and the circles with red  marker and then put red Stickles over  the top and on the holly berries.   I used green Stickles to create the "undershirt" between the collar edges.  I adhered two small Creative Impressions red buttons (51002) on the collar outside edges and a bow created from our Thin Jute Twine (80615 Red) that I added to the center of the collar.

I also added a sentiment to the inside of the card:


This was created using a small elf hat from our wood mounted stamp E214 Retro Elf Hat with "Holiday Hugs" underneath and the same holly used underneath the word "hugs".  This could even be designed as the front of the card!

Here is the Creative Impressions stamp set that I used:


My mother was so excited about the card I had to make more for her to send to her friends!  How about that?

Hope you have enjoyed this card and will make some for yourselves?

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment