Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree

Hello Everyone:

Have you been thinking about your Christmas card/s design this year?  Yes, it's that time of the year when the holidays sneak up on us and we have to think ahead.  I sat down and had some fun creating a variety of cards - some quirky and some religious - all fun to create!  I started off with a retro card which turned out to be the most fun!


Making this card had me singing "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" nonstop!  Sure got me in the spirit of the upcoming holiday!  I stamped the tree from Creative Impressions stamp set Y552 Rockin' Around  on a piece of scrap white cardstock with dark green permanent ink.   I colored the tree with green and red markers and then added some Stickles glitter glue to accent parts of the ornaments and the  tree top ornament.  Green dye ink was added around the edges of the piece and it was then matted with a scrap of red cardstock.  Set aside.

The sentiment "Rockin Around the Christmas Tree" was also stamped on a scrap of white cardstock, green ink was added around the edges and a red mat added.  Set this piece aside.

Now the tree top ornament was stamped with green permanent ink two more times and cut out.  Now it was time to put everything together!  I found some patterned paper that went with my design and mounted a piece onto a red mat.  I wrapped a piece of our fabulous Wired Organdy Bow Cord (70200 Red)  along the right side of this piece.  I adhered the sentiment to the center of the ribbon and the two tree toppers above and below the sentiment.  I had an extra red bow that I adhered to the base of my tree.

To finish, I placed the previously decorated retro Christmas tree piece to the left side of my patterned paper panel.  This panel was adhered to a white card and it was done.  Love it!

Hope you enjoy this card!  Have fun making some yourselves!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment