Wednesday, July 14, 2021

A Light to Guide Your Way

 Hello and Happy Summer Everyone!  I hope everyone is staying as cool as possible, especially out in the American West.

Today I would like to share with you a card I created using Creative Impressions MSE Red Rubber Stamps and Polymer set Y493 By the Sea. 


I was really quite happy with the way this one turned out.  Having wonderful supplies to make it made it super easy.

First I started by stamping the lighthouse ( T319) in a pretty shade of aqua dye ink.  Then I used a stamp positioner and the second stamp ( T335) with black ink to go over the lighthouse with the words.  I then cut the lighthouse out along with the windows.  I used an x-acto knife to cut out the windows.  This piece was then set aside.

For the card background,  I used a cloud stencil to create a cloudy sky behind my lighthouse.  I added a piece of patterned paper with an ocean wave pattern toward the middle of the card background.  Once this background was created I took a piece of Creative Impressions Cork Paper (89000 and 89001), lightly tearing it by hand to create a shoreline.  I tore a second piece towards the bottom which covered part of the bottom of the lighthouse.

I have a Martha stewart punch which I used to create two little "bushes" on either side of the lighthouse.  The I wrapped our Baker's Twine ( 80713 Black/White) twice around the base of the card.

To finish,  I cut a piece of yellow card stock in the shape of a lighthouse "beam" and placed it behind the top cut window in the lighthouse.  I them stamped the sentiment from the Polymer set onto the wider part of the yellow scrap.  I adhered this piece along with the lighthouse over the background using pop dots.  Several die cut sea birds were adhered to the sky, the card was adhered to a black card and my card was finished!

Hope you enjoyed his card!  Happy Summer

Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment