Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Summer Flowers!

Hello Everyone!  I hope you all are enjoying the beautiful flowers of Summer!  I enjoyed my blooming Lilacs earlier this Spring and I am now anxiously awaiting my Hydrangeas.  To celebrate, I have made two cards, each one with my favorite flower:



I created the first card using Creative Impressions MSE Stamp set (Y402).  I started with a cream folded card and die cut an oval in the center.  I then adhered a purple card stock panel The same size as the card front behind the oval.

The lilacs were stamped separately on a piece of white card stock, watercolored and cut out.  I took a piece of 1/8" Lime Green Organdy Ribbon ( 70603) and wrapped it around the card close to the fold.  I played with the positioning of the lilacs around the card's overall opening until I was satisfied with the placement.  The lilacs were then adhered around the oval, catching part of the ribbon before adhering.

"Happy Anniversary" was stamped with Black ink in the center of the purple oval panel.  The finishing touch was adding a Purple Metallic Butterfly  from the Pearl Butterfly Assorted Brads (90705).

Now for the second card.  Hydrangeas have always been one of my favorite flowers.  They make me think of my Grandmother, so, when I saw this set for the first time, I jumped for joy!  This set is our Creative Impressions MSE set YCC201 Floral Birthday Cards.  I began by stamping the hydrangea image onto a white card stock circle I had previously die cut.  I then watercolored the flower and set it aside.

Next I cut out two patterned paper banners of different sizes and adhered both of them to a slightly larger black mat.  Both banners were adhered to a larger piece of black card stock, then to a green card stock mat and finally to the card itself.  The hydrangea circle was then adhered to the top of the blue patterned paper piece.  I stamped "Best Wishes" on a piece of scrap white card stock, cut it down, adhered it to a black mat and finally to the card itself, just below the hydrangea circle.  The final touch was a Pastel Blue 3/4" Crepe Ribbon Bow (70144) affixed to the hydrangea circle.

I hope you have enjoyed my floral cards and will make some yourselves!  Happy Summer!

Susan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment