Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Cards to Celebrate the 4th!

Hello everyone!  I have a few more 4th of July cards created by yours truly to celebrate the birth of our Nation!  Hope you like them:







                     

For the first card I made three paper rosettes, two small and one slightly larger, using red, white and blue card stock.  There are lots of free tutorials found on the internet if you would like to create some for yourselves.  I punched 6 circles for the center, two for the top and bottom of each rosette.  

I stamped "Let Freedom Ring" (MSE stamp E193) on a separate piece of white card stock and cut apart the three words.  I  adhered each word on the center of each rosette which had been adhered previously over the top of a larger banner with a smaller one underneath.

I then punched three stars from the different colors of card stock and placed a White Glimmer Round (90907) in the center of each star.

The finishing touches for this card included the addition of Gold Stickles around the edges of the rosettes and stars for a little bling!  Not enough Bling?  Now to add some of our Star Bling (50540)             We have to have bling for the celebration, don't we?






Now for the second card.  This time I created a card made from a 4 1/4" x 11" top folded card with the center cut out .  I cut a blue mat for the top and bottom sections and set them aside.  

I then stamped our MSE solid star in red on a piece of extra card stock.  Then, using a stamp positioner, I stamped V155 which has the words from the Pledge of Allegiance on it, over the top in blue ink which I embossed with a holographic embossing powder to give the star some bling.  I adhered the star to a piece of blue card stock and cut the star out slightly larger with the blue mat.  "Let Freedom Ring (MSE E193) was stamped on a scrap piece of white and cut out.  I added some Primary Red and Blue Mini Rounds (90170) to the sentiments, added a blue mat and added this to the center of the star.  

I added the Red, White and Blue Assorted Star Brads ((90215) to the blue mats I set aside earlier, using the center star as a placement guide.  I added our Star Bling ( 50540 ) to the center of each Star Brad for some added bling.  At this point I could adhere the top and bottom of the star to the top and lower edges of the card.  Remember the center has been cut out.

That's all there is to it!  I had not made one of these cards before.  Not only was it easy but gave a cool look to the star! Give it a try!

Happy early 4th!

Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment