Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Hope is the Thing with Feathers

 Hello Everyone!  Today I am featuring a card made by Yours Truly, using our MSE stamp set YCC229 BoHo Feather Silhouette.  Jan Francis made a beautiful card using this same set.  This is my take on these stamps.


I used the feather included with this stamp set.  I added Distress Inks to the stamp in Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and Fired Brick.  I then sprayed the  stamp lightly with water and stamped the image multiple times on different scraps of cream card stock.  This is the first image I got which is a bit darker, but still very pretty.


Next I stamped the image again.


I tried one time again:


This stamping was just a bit too light for what I wanted, even though it would still look lovely on a card.  I used the second stamping for my card.  Using a technique used by Jan Francis on her card, I stamped the sentiment in black ink over the top of the image and off to the side.


To finish, I cut the card down and added a black card stock mat behind it.  I cut a piece of patterned paper that coordinated with the ink colors I used and adhered it to a black mat.  To add some interest I used our Brown Web Ribbon ( 70188 ) and adhered a length of it to the left side of this piece.  Then I added a length of our Crepe Ribbon in Antique Gold (70128), wrapping the ends to the back of the mat.  The last touch was taking a length of Black Thin Twine  (80605) and wrapping it once around this piece, tying a bow in the lower right of the patterned paper piece.

The patterned paper piece was then adhered to a card and my feather with the sentiment piece was adhered slightly over to the left, covering part of the patterned paper piece.  This has turned out to be one of my favorite cards!

Hope you will try making this card yourself.  It really was quite easy and makes an impressive card.

Happy Stamping!
Susan


1 comment:

  1. Simply Beautiful! Thank you for the easy to follow directions. Thank you for the information on Creative Impressions.

    ReplyDelete