Tuesday, January 12, 2021

On the Way to Valentine's Day!

 Hard to believe we are in January already!  Valentine's Day will be here before you know it, so I thought I would get a head start on some cards for you; well actually a card and a tag made with our MSE stamps and Creative Impressions Embellishments!


First, the card:


The MSE stamps used were Cupid, Happy Valentine's Day (G547), and Be Mine from Y546 Be Mine Sentiments.  I hand cut the Cupid and adhered it to a panel with a previously adhered heart die cut from a piece of  patterned paper.  (if you don't have die cuts and a machine, you can used a heart template and hand cut the heart).  The "Happy Valentine's Day" was stamped on a scrap of white card stock, cut out, adhered to a piece of black scrap and finally adhered with pop dots over the heart.  

I used 1/'4" Red Glimmer Ribbon (70250) to create a bow which was adhered to the top of the heart.  Then I wrapped a piece of Black/White Baker's Twine (80713) around the center of the bow.

This entire white panel was adhered to a black card stock mat, then to a piece of patterned paper and finally to a white card.

To finish, I stamped "Be Mine" and the Hearts onto the right bottom portion of the card panel.

Now for the tag:


I hand cut a tag and adhered some Red Web Ribbon (70180) about three quarters down from the top of the tag.  I cut an inverted "V" into the bottom of this piece.  Then I stamped "be mine" and the hearts from MSE set # Y546 towards the bottom of the tag,  

I previously stamped the Cupid Tag onto a scrap of white card stock, cut it out and punched a hole at the top of the tag.  I ran a piece of Black/White Baker's Twine (80713) through the hole I made at the top of the tag, through the tag and tied a bow at the top.

Hope you enjoy this card and tag and are inspired to make your own.  Happy Valentine's Day from all of us at Creative Impressions!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment