Tuesday, July 23, 2024

It's a Dolphin Kind of Day!

Hello Everyone: Today I would like to continue the Beach theme from last week, so I am featuring a happy dolphin jumping in the waves:


 This time I stenciled a sun onto the upper part of a white panel.  I die cut a circle and used yellow chalk to add color inside the cut circle.  Here is picture of how I did it.


The dolphin was the first one I created.  He certainly looks happy, however, once I looked at photos of a real dolphin, I noticed that their "smile" was longer and their eye set back further.  Well, it really doesn't matter as it's art, right?  This particular dolphin has the matching word stamp placed over it (YY234).  Then I used just the solid dolphin stamp, swirling the ink onto the stamp to give it a textured look.  I cut it out and drew a mouth and eye on it and set it aside,

I then stenciled clouds onto my white panel using chalk.  However, any ink will word just as well.

Once my panel was complete, I added my waves from CI stamp O304 which were stamped three times, cut out and offset and glued together.  I once again used a mix of lighter and darker stampings.  Once glued, the waves were adhered to the bottom of my card panel.  "Have an Amazing Day (DD307) was stamped in black through the sun and the previously cut out dolphin was adhered to the card with foam squares.

As always you can find the products I used here at https://www.creativeimpressions.com

This was truly as easy card to put together and hopefully one which will put a smile on the face of your recipient!

Enjoy!

Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment