Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Fun Pocket card for Thanksgiving!

 Hello Everyone:  I just don't know where the time is going!  Can't believe we are almost ready to celebrate Thanksgiving!  Today I would like to share with you a fun and easy Pocket Card:


I designed this card for Thanksgiving, however, it can be used for just about any occasion!  I found the instructions on the internet - easy to find and easy to make!

I began by creating my pocket using 6x12 double sided design  paper.  Once this was done I added Creative Impressions Single Stitched ribbon in Brown with Black Stitching (70925) to either side of the triangular opening.  Then I wrapped a piece of our Grid Ribbon in Brown (70283) -my favorite- around the pocket and tied it off in the center where the Single Stitch Ribbon joins.  To finish that part I added a Maple Leaf Brad (Antique Maple Leaf Assort 95552).

I then added our Felt Shapes (63100 Autumn Leaves, 63110 Halloween and Sm. Felt Blossom (62002 Heritage) along with a bow made from our Thin Jute Twine (80612 Green Apple) towards the bottom of my pocket.

This is what the finished pocket looks like without the inside card:


The inside card  is very simple.  I used Creative Impressions stamp #J366 Thanksgiving Wishes and stamped the sentiment with Sepia Brown ink onto a piece of white cardstock that was backed with a tan mat.  All that's left is to place the card inside the pocket and you have a fun and creative card.  Hint:  I wrote towards the bottom part of the card that would be covered by the bottom portion of the pocket.

Your turn to try it!
Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment