Tuesday, June 13, 2023

You're A Classic!

Hello Everyone:  This week we are featuring an old favorite card for Father's Day.  It was so popular we are sharing it again!


 I used Creative Impressions set YCC227.  I love the font and the versatility of this set as it works for not only Father's Day, but Birthdays as well!



Patterned paper scraps were used to create this Father's Day card.  I began by stamping the card, using a stamp positioned. I inked the stamp several times using the positioned to achieve deep black color on the card.  I then cut the car out, adhered it to a scrap piece of patterned paper which was then adhered to a black cardstock scrap.  This piece was then set aside.

I now prepared a panel to be added to the left side of the white card.  I adhered a black and white polka dot scrap to another piece of patterned paper.   I then cut a piece of  Oatmeal Blank Twill (80509) and glued it to the left side of this panel.  I wrapped a piece of 1/4" single Stitch White with Black Gros Grain Ribbon (70912) .  To finish this panel, I adhered three black buttons (51001)  that had a piece of Natural Thin Jute Twine ( 80604) tied through the holes previously to the top of the ribbon piece.  This panel was then adhered to the left side of the card.

Finally, the car panel was adhered towards the bottom of the card under the sentiment.  Done!  Great way to use up scraps and a lovely card!  Hope you will make one too!

Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment