Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Mothers Day Beauty

 Hello Everyone:  Here we are in the middle of April and May is right around the corner along with a Mother's Day Celebration!  Here is a simple card to celebrate all the Moms out there:


To create this card I stamped D164 which is an unmounted stamp in various Distress colors onto a piece of white cardstock.  I then drew in some stems and leaves with a green marker.  I inked the edges of the piece and then matted it with a piece of dark purple cardstock and set it aside.  

A piece of patterned paper was adhered to another dark purple cardstock mat.  I then adhered a piece of our 2" Plum Web 70178 to the left edge of this piece.  Finally I adhered this matted piece to a white card.  A piece of Lavender Thin Twine 70178 was wrapped around this piece.

To finish, I adhered the floral piece to the patterned paper piece.  I stamped S184 "You Make my World a Beautiful Place" onto a piece of scrap white cardstock with Purple ink.  This is an "Innie" and "Outie"stamp.  This is the "Outie" part of the sentiment stamp.  The beautiful aspect of this stamp sentiment is that it doesn't have to be used for Mother's Day as the first part is great for anyone!

I inked the edges and matted it with a dark purple mat.  Using foam dots, this sentiment piece was adhered over the twine towards the bottom left of the card.

To finish, I stamped the "Innie" part of the sentiment onto a piece of scrap white cardstock.  This was matted onto a dark purple piece and adhered to the inside of the card.


Hope this card has inspired you to start making your Mother's Day cards and thank the Moms out there for all they do!

Happy Crafting,

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment