Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Retro Holiday Joy

Hello Everyone:  Hopefully you all saw the Retro Christmas Tree card I made earlier.  I had so much fun going back in time creating that card, I decided to try another!



Have you ever tried making your own background paper?  Here is a very easy method to do it using Creative Impressions stamp from Set Y552.  I used the same stamp in red, light green and dark green, overlapping in places until the background was filled in.  It took very little time!  Isn't it amazing what such a small stamp can do?

I stamped "Holiday Joy" No. L118 with green and red permanent inks, on a white cardstock panel, cut it out, edged it with green ink and then matted it with a piece of red cardstock.  This piece was adhered over the background piece that was also matted with a red cardstock mat.

Before adhering the entire panel to a white card, I wrapped the left side of the panel with a piece of Evergreen 3/4 " Crepe  Ribbon.  I also created a Poinsettia using Creative Impressions felt Blossoms and Leaves ( Heritage 62102) along  with a mini Round center paper fastener (90112) to hold it all together and adhered it to the lower right corner of the card.

Here are the stamps used:


 

That's all there is to it!  Easy to make for everyone on your Christmas list!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment