Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Father's Day card

Hello everyone!  Now that Mother's Day has passed, I am gearing up for Father's Day next month and sharing this new card with you:

I used our MSE stamp set YCC227 Classic Car Silhouette along with paper scraps to create this card.  I love the Art Deco style! This also is truly one of the easiest cards I have ever put together.  If I can do it, you can too!

First, you will want to stamp the car on a piece of scrap cream card stock and cut it out.  Lay it on a tan crackle piece patterned paper that has been adhered to a black mat and stamp "You're a Classic" underneath the car.  Now place foam tape on the back side of the car and adhere to the patterned paper/black mat.  

Lay the car panel piece onto a cream card and draw a slight pencil line on the card in order to place "Happy Father's Day" just above the car panel.  Stamp "Happy Father's Day in top right corner.

Now take a piece of coordinating paper matted with the same paper used for the car panel and adhere a Oatmeal piece of 1/2" Blank Twill (80509) to the left side.  Add a piece of single stitched 1/4" Single-Stitch Grograin (70912) over the top of the twill and wrap around to the back side of the panel.  Adhere panel to the left side of the card.

To finish, add three black buttons (51001) with a piece of Natural Thin Twine (80604) threaded through and tied to the ribbon.

Easy.  I think my father will enjoy this card.  How about yours?

Susan

 

2 comments:

  1. I love this card and would love to make a similar one. However, I cannot find the stamp set (YCC227) as shown above. Can you give me more information so that I may purchase it? Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to help, Ann!. The My Sentiments Exactly set is available through Creative Impressions 719-595-4860. Either Janet or Tracy will be happy to help you.

      Delete