Thursday, April 15, 2021

Sweet Sentiments

Happy April 15th everyone!  I'm sure many of you (in the States that is) are breathing a collective sigh as our tax deadline has been extended one month.  Yay!)  Anyway, I am here on the Creative Impressions blog sharing with you some "easy peasy" cards using some lovely sentiments from our My Sentiment Exactly line.


I used patterned paper scraps for both of these cards.  I love to save pretty pieces of patterned paper, fussy cuts, die cuts, etc. and then challenge myself later to use them in a creative way.

 
For this first card I used some fussy cut birds from Bo Bunny's Nature Sketchbook collection.  I wish I remembered the name of the paper used for the ferns, but I don't.  I also added a die cut olive branch.  I even found a strip of card stock in the same ivory color as my card, so I added it to the bottom of my bird panel.  It absolutely needed a Rose Metallic Butterfly Paper Fastener, so on it went to the panel before adhering the panel to a pink card stock mat and then to the ivory card.  Lastly I stamped "Sending you Happy little Thoughts" (E170 ) to a scrap of white card stock and layered this panel to a piece of pink card stock scrap.  Perfect sentiment for this sweet card!



Next up is a card made with fussy cut roses.  I wish I remembered what paper line this was from, but I am drawing a blank.  You can create this card from any cut outs - so easy!  All I did was adhere a coordinating piece of patterned paper to a white card, added the fussy cut roses to the top left and the bottom right and completed the card by stamping "God is Love" (C433) on a card stock scrap, edging the piece with ink and adhering to the center left of the card.  Simple and lovely!

I'm sure everyone has a scrap bin, so head on over, pull it out and start experimenting with designs!  It is so fun and challenging.  Don't forget those Creative Impressions Embellishments and you will have a lovely finished card in no time!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment