Tuesday, June 18, 2024

A Star-Spangled 4th!

Hello Everyone:  I continue to be amazed at how fast time flies!  Here it is June 18th and the 4th will soon be here!  To honor our independence Day, I made a card featuring a star with the Pledge of Allegiance on it as the focal point:

Nothing says Independence Day as much as bling does, especially Red, White and Blue Bling!  Right?  I decided I wanted to use our Creative Impressions stamp V155, so I stamped it on a scrap piece of white cardstock using blue ink.  I then took a ruler and pencil and drew a star around the words to the Pledge of Allegiance.  The star was cut out and adhered to a larger piece of red cardstock.  The red cardstock was cut slightly larger than the white star so that it would stand out more.  I then set it aside.

An "Exploding Star" die (also available at Creative Impressions) was placed onto the center of a piece of navy blue cardstock and die cut.  This piece was adhered to a larger piece of white glitter cardstock to  add some extra bling to the edges of the card as well as providing a "see-through" sparkly element to the die-cut stars.  Here is a close-up so hopefully you can see the glitter a bit better:



One of my favorite things to do is layer ribbons.  Two ribbons gave me this wonderful opportunity to add even more bling to the sides of the card.  I used our 1/4" Glimmer Ribbon in red on either side of the panel.  Before adding to the card back, 1/8" Braid Ribbon in Blue with Red (70705) was adhered with white liquid glue to the center of the ribbon.  Finally, the edges were wrapped to the back of the panel.

This panel was then adhered to a red panel and finally a white card.  The previously set aside large stamped star was adhered to the center of the card using foam tape.  Finally, Creative Impressions Star Bling (50540) was added in a few places.

Hope you like this card and are looking forward to creating your own 4th of July cards.  Next week I will have two more cards featured created by our very own Candie!

Enjoy!

Susan


 

No comments:

Post a Comment