Tuesday, February 6, 2024

A Heart Pocket for you!

Hello Everyone!  I found this darling heart pocket pattern awhile ago and decided to pull it out and make this fun Valentine's Card for you!


The pattern is so easy.  It is basically four scallops together with two of them folded up to create the pocket. Once it was folded, I black embossed "Happy Valentine's Day #Y546 Be Mine Sentiments                    to the back of the heart.


To finish the pocket, I created a flower  using our Iridescent and Transparent Blossom in White #61201, Medium Felt Blossom in Black #62220 and Small Felt Blossom in White # 62001 Pastel,                                                                       adhering all together with a Medium Heart Brad # 90313.  I poked a hole in the center of the pocket and spread out the brad prongs in the back.

Next step was to create a tag to go in the pocket.  I cut a small tag and rounded the top to mimic the top of the heart.  I stamped the cupid from the same stamp set "Be Mine Sentiments"(such a versatile set) in black onto the tag and then stamped "Be Mine" from the same set.  I inked the tag edges with red ink all the way around and punched a hole in the top of the tag.  I used our 1/4" Single Stitch Ribbon in Pink with Red Stitching #70913 at the top of the tag and wrapped our Black Thin Twine #80605 around the ribbon, creating a bow at the same time.

Here again is the finished card once the tag is placed inside:

You still have time to create some Valentines with Creative Impressions stamps!

Enjoy!

Susan


    

No comments:

Post a Comment