Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Spring has Sprung!

Hello Everyone!  Time to shake off the Winter Blues and celebrate Spring!  Here is an easy Spring card suitable for any occasion:


To create this card I stamped The darling bird, brand and leaves using our set Y576 Nature Speaks onto a piece of white cardstock.  I colored in the leaves, bird and branch with colored pencils.  I wanted to add some "flowers to the scene, so I stamped flowers from our set YCC203 Floral Sympathy Cards randomly around the card panel and colored them in with pencils.  "Thinking of You" from the same Sympathy set was also stamped in the lower right corner of the panel.  Always think outside the box to use different stamp sets interchangeably.  That way you get more use out of the images!  To finish,  I used a cloud stencil with blue chalk to add clouds in the background.  That way I would erase any of the chalk that was visible on my stamped images.  The panel was then set aside.

A lovely patterned paper was adhered to a black cardstock mat.  Before adhering the piece to a white card, I wrapped our 1/2" Seafoam with Brown Dot Ribbon (70411) around the panel.  I love to double up different sized ribbons, so I added our Brown/White Bakers Twine (80714) over the top and wrapped both pieces to the back of the patterned paper panel.  

I stamped "One Touch of Nature" from Y576 Nature Speaks onto a white cardstock scrap, inked the edges with blue ink and mounted it onto a piece of black scrap.  This piece was then mounted with foam tape over the top of the ribbons.

To finish, I adhered the panel previously set aside to the top of the patterned paper panel and then adhered the entire panel to a white card.  

Here are the stamp sets used to make this card:




Happy Spring and Happy Crafting,

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment