Monday, September 13, 2021

We Aren't Done with Summer!

 Hello Everyone:  Today I am featuring a butterfly card that is a bit different from anything I have posted in the past.    It has turned out to be one of my favorite cards!


I began by using two blending brushes to add Distress Oxide Inks to our Lg. Butterfly No. YY215.  Once the colors were added in the center and the edges of the butterfly, I blended them further with the brush so that I wouldn't have a strong line separating the two colors.  I added three Silver Pearls                     to the main body of the butterfly, cut out the butterfly and set it aside.

For the card background I used a large scrap of green patterned paper and adhered it to a cream card.  I then took two strips of a different green patterned paper scraps inked the edges with green ink and adhered them to the first background paper.  The Leaf from Set (Y578 Love) was stamped in various places  with dark green ink which unified the composition.  

Finally I wrapped a piece of our 3/4" Olive Crepe Ribbon (70138)  around the front of the card at the fold and tied it off.  I stamped with black ink "Just Fluttering By to say Hi" on a scrap piece of patterned paper that matched the background paper.   It was adhered to a green mat and then to the card.

The butterfly was adhered to the  card using foam tape in the center.  Easy peasy!

Here is a last close up of the card:



Hope you will take the time to  try this technique yourself.  

      

No comments:

Post a Comment