Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Howdy from Colorado!

Good morning!  Today I am featuring a Western-theme card:


This card was so fun and easy to create!  I started off by using two images of cowgirls and a sentiment from B Line Designs.  I blended Vintage Distress Ink around the edges of the card stock image and then adhered this panel to a card stock panel.

I made sure to leave quite a bit of my patterned paper showing so that I would have room to add my "lasso" pattern.  I adhered another card stock panel to the patterned paper first.  To create this lasso pattern, I took my glue (either using a fine tip or Matte Medium. I  prefer using Matte Medium as it doesn't show at all when it dries) and "drew" a pattern around the central card image.  Then I used the fabulous Creative Impressions Natural Twine and laid it out over the glue in the established pattern.  To finish, I added six Creative Impressions Antique Copper Primitive Stars randomly over the twine.
The last step was to adhere the whole piece to a folded card and I was done!  Fast and easy!

Don't hesitate to give this card a try!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment