Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Creative Impressions - Mother's Day Rickrack Roses

Are you thinking about Mother's Day?  You better start, May 13 is right around the corner!  I've been wanting to try my hand at these lovely rickrack roses and Mother's Day is just the time for something special.


This is not my technique, I discovered it on Pinterest.  You can see the tutorial from the very talented Jessi on her blog, Practically Functional.

I used a "thank you" die.  I was inspired this week to just say to mom:

Remember how you always took care of me?  How you loved and encouraged me?  How you tended me every time I was sick?  Remember how you gave me the best and took what was left for yourself?
Thanks, mom.  I love you.


I used 1/2" pink rickrack from Creative Impressions to make these pretty roses.  Green rickrack make the leaves and natural provided a nice border. 


This was a really fun card to put together.  Its got lots of layers and textures to give it interest. All elements including ribbons and black matte frames and brads are from 
Creative Impressions.

Whether your mom was perfect or flawed or a mixture (aren't most of us a mixture?), making her Mother's Day card provides a chance to just think about her and remember.  And say thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment