Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Sympathy Card for Pet

Sadly I have found I needed some sympathy cards for friends who have lost beloved dogs lately.  I went through my Creative Impressions stash and discovered some wonderful embellishments that I thought would work well for a card along with some general "Sympathy" stamps.  Here is the card I made:


I die cut a heart and stamped "with sympathy" in the center.  I went around the edges of the heart with red dye ink and adhered the heart to a piece of black and white patterned paper.  Then I adhered a felt doghouse from Creative Impressions Dog Felt Shapes to the card.  I cut the prongs off of a Dog Bone Brad and attached it to the bottom of the doghouse door with Glossy Accents.  Then one last sentiment was stamped, edged with red and adhered to the bottom of the card.

The patterned paper piece was then adhered to a red card stock layer.  I wrapped the Dog Print Twill around the panel on the left side and attached a red Dog Bone Clip.  the whole piece was then adhered to a white card.

I decided the heart looked a little plain, so I created a red bow from Creative Impressions Red 1/8" Organdy Ribbon and adhered to the center of the heart.

Okay, I know some of you will be complaining that I didn't create a "Cat Sympathy" card.  Look for that card next.  I am working on one!  Cats are loved just as much as dogs!

Wishing  you a creative week.
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment