Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Happy Graduation from Creative Impressions!

Its time to have a few graduation cards on hand.   These can be used for other occasions, so I like to make a couple extra. 

Creative Impressions mini star brads give this card some flair!


I love stars!  They are really versatile and can be used for lots of different occasions and themes.  Its easy to find quotes and song lyrics to use as your sentiment. 

This song lyric is probably better suited to someone who graduated 40 years ago (who, me??), but I still like it.  Its a song by Bad Company and I like to use it for graduates.


The card front is watercolor paper.  I'm reaching for that a lot these days because I love the thickness and texture.  I blotted some Antique Linen and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide inks onto the watercolor paper.  I then added white embossing paste through a flourish stencil.  I cut a star from glitter paper for my shooting star and then added lots of Creative Impressions mini star brads for a trail of little stars.  I used some sunflower Perfect Pearls powder which I applied with a dry paint brush to the stenciled embossing paste.  Spritz with water to adhere.

Pretty simple card but the graduates are looking for what's inside, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment