Tuesday, February 20, 2024

To Love and Cherish

 Hello Everyone!  If you have been following our blog the last few weeks, you will see a theme - cards made with the Bridge card pattern!  They are so easy and clever and Creative Impressions has lots of perfect stamps for this technique!  Here is a wedding card I recently created:


Following the Bridge Card pattern, I cut two pieces of #80342 To Love and Cherish Ribbon Expressions and adhered them to two strips of scrap green cardstock.  Before adhering to the pattern paper on each side of the card, I adhered a Yellow Heart Brad #90394 to both strips, one at the bottom and one at the top.    Then the strips were adhered to the side pieces of the card.

I added a piece of the patterned paper to the back of the card and added the sentiment from the CI Stamp set, # YCC221 Wedding Carriage Silhouette stamped in Navy Blue, inked around the edges and adhered to a slight larger green mat before adhering to the card back.

Now I stamped the horse and carriage from the same stamp set onto a piece of scrap white cardstock.  I inked the carriage with Navy Blue and the horse with Brown ink and stamped.  The entire piece was cut out and adhered to the card front, to which was previously adhered a piece of patterned paper.

That's it!  I think this card is so cute!  It reminds me of my own wedding many years ago when my husband and I had a horse and carriage take  us to our reception!

Give this card technique a try!

I will be taking a week off from blogging, but I'll be back with some new and fun cards!

Enjoy!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment