Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Thankful Always!

  Hello Everyone!  Today I am featuring a card with one of my favorite stamps.  What looks to be just a Thanksgiving stamp actually works as a year-round stamp to remind us to be give thanks always:


This card features not only Creative Impressions' stamp Give Thanks ( N071 ) but also our Cork Paper (89000) which gives this piece a lot of dimension as well as our Leaf Felt Shapes (63100 Autumn Leaves) which are definitely my "go-to"  for Fall cards.  They are so beautiful and add a wonderful dimension to any card - no die cutting necessary!  

I began by adhering a piece of patterned paper to a burgandy card mat which was then adhered to a cream card.  I  cut a strip of burgundy cardstock and adhered a hand torn piece of our Cork Paper over the top.  This piece was attached to the center of the card.

I stamped "Give Thanks "with dark green ink onto a natural piece of cardstock and used a circle die cut (you can use a punch too) to cut out the sentiment.  I then cut a mat for it using another piece of burgundy and adhered them together.  I laid the sentiment circle towards the center of the card and positioned several Felt Leaves in different colors under the circle.  I removed the circle and added some liquid glue to adhere the leaves underneath.  Once I was happy with the placement, I added some of our Thin Jute Twine in Rust ( 80608) and glued it underneath as well before then adding the circle sentiment and adhering it on top of the leaves and twine.

Finally I added a bit of Liquid Pearls to the "berries" on the sentiment.  That's it!  Easy and lovely card suitable to send to anyone.

Enjoy!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment