Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Green Beer Time!

 Hello Everyone:  St. Patrick's Day is almost here.  I have created a "Green Beer" card in honor of the day!




My son's birthday is also on St. Patrick's Day.  I tried to hold off as I was terrified of him drinking green beer on St. Patrick's Day, especially since his dad and family are from Chicago where they dye the river green.  Well, he has turned out to be a wonderful young man, so I didn't have to worry....much!

I began by stamping the beer glass from Creative Impressions set  YCC235 Delightful Drinks - Beer onto a piece of scrap white cardstock..  Then I chose a greeting from the set to stamp inside the glass.  There are lots to choose from!  I then colored the "beer" green and put Glossy Accents over the top so that it would look more like a glass.  Once dry the beer glass was cut out and affixed to a piece of white cardstock matted with a piece of green cardstock.  This was then set aside.

I created my own background by stamping one of the shamrocks from Creative Impression's set M125 St. Patty's Day.   I stamped it randomly on a piece of white cardstock and colored in the shamrocks with a green marker.  This piece was adhered to a green mat.  I wrapped some green with white dot Organdy Ribbon (70368) on the left side of the mat before adhering the entire piece to a white card.

To finish, I stamped the St. Patrick's Day sentiment on a piece of white scrap, layered it with a green mat and adhered it over the ribbon.  The beer image previously adhered to the small white and green panel was also adhered over the background panel.  Done!

Hope you have a fun and safe St. Patrick's Day.  Don't drink too much green beer!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment