Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Sunflowers and Fall

 Hello Everyone!  We have some wonderful Sunflower Fall cards to share with you over the next two weeks!  They feature Creative Impressions stamps and embellishments which take scraps of Graphic 45 paper to new heights:


In the following photos I will share my technique as to how I created these cards using scraps of one paper collection and then using fussy cut sunflowers from G45 Let it Bee Collection over the top.  Here goes:



As you can see I started off using a white or brown panel and began laying the scraps of patterned paper down.  It doesn't matter if there is hole left as it will be covered with our fussy cut images later. 


As you can see, a perfectly placed sunflower covers our center hole beautifully and no one will know that the paper was previously pieced!  Even if there is a hole in the top or bottom of the card, just take a strip of our first paper pattern and add it to the top of the card panel.

Here are two of the finished cards showing how perfectly placed images can cover the pieced paper.  For this card I used a leftover panel from the first collection and fussy cut sunflowers from Let It Bee.  To add that "Wow" factor, I adhered some of Creative Impressions Dark Umber Brown Buttons #51007 to the centers of some of the sunflowers.  I threaded some Mustard Thin Twine #80611 through the holes in the buttons and tied them off in the back, then adhered the buttons to the centers.  To finish, I wrapped a piece of Brown/White Baker's Twine #80714 around the right side of the card panela and tied a bow.  This panel was then adhered to a white panel.


I created this card in the same way, strategically covering gaps in the base patterned paper.  Before I placed the central fussy cut sunflower, I wrapped a piece of Mustard Grosgrain Ribbon (70553) with a piece of Aqua/White Bakers Twine (80705) over the top around the panel.  Birthday Wishes from                   
was stamped onto a scrap light yellow piece of cardstock, cut out and adhered to a larger aqua mat.  The sentiment was placed among the sunflowers.



Here is the last completed card:


I wrapped a piece of our Brown Grid Ribbon (70283) around the panel before adding the strip of patterned paper at the top.  Thinking of you from                 was stamped on a white scrap and then adhered to a patterned paper panel.

I hope you have enjoyed this mini tutorial of  how these three cards came together,  Stay tuned next week for another three Sunflower cards!

Susan







No comments:

Post a Comment