Tuesday, September 13, 2022

More Sunflower Cards!

 Hello Everyone!  Today I am featuring the second post featuring Sunflower cards and Creative Impressions embellishments.


I posted a tutorial on how I made these cards last week.  I continued to make these cards in the same way, using up the patterned paper scraps I had and adding the fussy cut sunflowers and CI embellishments.

As you can see I pieced more of the paper together:


To the above panel I added a piece of our Brown Web #70188 along with a few fussy cut images.  I still had the hole to cover which wasn't difficult as I still had lot of fussy cut sunflowers:


By adding the birthday wishes sentiment (           ) along with a large sunflower and leaves, no one is the wiser that there was a huge gap in the paper.  To finish I made a bow out of Brown Thin Twine (80603) and adhered it to the side of the sunflower.

You might be wondering where the holes are in this background.  If you look closely, you will see aseveral punched circles in the paper.  These needed to be covered up.


For this card I again used Web Ribbon, this time in Moss (70198), along with a piece of Double Stitch Grosgrain Ribbon  in Brown and an 1/8th inch Grosgrain Ribbon in Mustard (70518) adhering it to the panel before placing a strip of the first patterned paper along the top of the panel.  


All these Ribbons certainly added to the interest of the card.

Last, but not least, the final card shows how much of the background paper that can be covered up without losing its important to the background.  One large sunflower was placed in the center of the card along with several half sunflowers on the top and bottom.  I used Creative Impressions Jumbo Cotton Rick Rack in Yellow (70837) along with Bakers Twine in Black/White (80713) along the left edge of the panel to finish.

I hope  you  have enjoyed these cards along with my tutorial on how they were made.  Take out those scraps and make your own masterpieces!

Enjoy

Susan





No comments:

Post a Comment