Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Our "Best Witches"

 Hello Everyone and "Best Witches"!  When I saw all the latest Halloween releases, it was hard for me to imagine that Fall is on its way soon and the seasons will be changing!  Once it sunk in, I got right to work to create a fun card using Creative Impressions wonderful stamps:


I started off by die cutting a circle from a "dark sky" pattern from my paper stash.  I then adhered it to a piece of white cardstock which I had previously marked lightly with a pencil to indicate where I would add the yellow and black ink.  I used a blending tool to add the color.  Finally, I added a punched out witch  flying in front of the moon.

I got the idea to use the bare tree from Creative Impressions set Y594 Nurture You.  The set includes leaves, hearts and other small images to fill the tree in, however, I thought out of the box and decided that the tree would make a lovely Halloween tree.  I then stamped the tree in black, varying the height as I went along.  Great Halloween tree!

I wrapped a piece of my favorite Creative Impressions Grid Ribbon #70276 in black around the right side of the card, placing an Orange Bright Glimmer Round #90903 in the center of the knot.  Notice that the ends of the ribbon automatically curl, my favorite part of this ribbon.

Creative Impressions Stamp #Q231 was stamped with black ink on a scrap of white cardstock.  I cut apart the two "Innies and Outies" sentiments, went around the edges of each piece with black ink and then adhered them to a dark orange panel.  The top sentiment was placed at the top right corner of the card panel and the bottom one was adhered to the lower right side of the panel.  The final touch was to adhere the entire panel to a white card.  Easy!

Ready to get those Halloween cards ready?  Now is your opportunity using Creative Impressions stamps and embellishments!

Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment