Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Spring Birthday Card

I know most of us are certainly ready for warmer days - could Spring really be right around the corner?  Yes, it is!  I have lots of birthdays in March and April, so I got to work to create some birthday cards in Spring colors!  Here is one of them:


This card makes me think "retro" and back to my days in the late 60's and 70's - oh dear, did I just age myself?

The whole card was made from scraps of card stock and embellished with, what other than fabulous Creative Impressions embellishments!  They absolutely "make" the card!  I cut out circles in different diameters with yellow, pink and purple card stock scraps and them placed them on a leftover piece of light green card stock that I ran through my Sizzix with a dot pattern embossing folder.

Once I was happy with the placement, I laid different Creative Impressions Flowers in Medium Sheer and Iridescent along with Small Sheer and Iridescents on top of the larger circles.  I then used some of our Tropical and Pastel Round Brads in different colors to create the flower.  I poked a hole through the card stock circle with a paper awl, added the flowers and adhered the larger circles over the previously adhered smaller ones using foam tape.

To finish this card, Creative Impressions Happy Birthday Ribbon Expressions was used to wrap around the opposite side of the card which was previously added to a purple panel.  No stamped sentiment required!  The ribbon says it all!  Finally, this panel was adhered to a larger pink one and finally to a white card.  What could be easier?

Hope this birthday card gives you some inspiration to make some for yourselves!

Happy Almost Spring!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment