Tuesday, March 24, 2020

A Happy Message for You!

Hello Everyone:  I know this has been and still is a difficult time for all of us.  We hope you all are healthy and staying indoors right now to slow the spread of this virus.  I, along with many of you, was inspired to go to my studio and create a card with a happy message to hopefully cheer us all up!



"Don't Worry, Be Happy"- I hope this is the way we can be right now, even though it's hard!  I used B Line Designs stamps for this card along with Creative Impressions 1/4" Black Grid Ribbon (70276) and a White Button (51000).

I used a 1 1/2" punch to punch out three circles.  I then laid them on the right side of my yellow card and drew around them with a pencil.  I lined up the same punch with the pencil marks and punched three circles out of the yellow card.  I then placed a black card stock layer under the yellow card and traced around the circles onto the black card stock layer.  A slightly smaller 1 1/4" punch was used to punch out the center, creating a black layered mat.  I stamped the bee stamp on white card stock and placed the images behind the black mats.  I then adhered the yellow and black layers together.

I stamped the honeycomb on another piece of yellow card stock and layered it to black card stock.  I wrapped a piece of our Black Grid Ribbon around the panel and added a White Button to the center.  I wove the grid ribbon through the holes, tied a know and clipped the ends.  The panel was then adhered to the main card.

There you have it!  Hang in there, don't worry and be happy!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment