Saturday, October 5, 2019

Autumn Splendor!


Simple layers yield tons on texture on this Creative Impressions Autumn Card!

Here I've used Web Ribbon (70183), Felt Autumn Leaves (63100), Antique Copper Frame (84502), Antique Copper Fasteners (93001), and Autumn Splendor Twill Expressions Ribbon (80461), all from Creative Impressions.

I used a scrap of decorative paper that had some collaged fall colors.  I didn't want the felt leaves to get lost so added a layer of green web ribbon to make them pop.  I laid out the panel and then attached the web ribbon with a small staple just behind the places I would adhere the leaves.


I glued the leaves down with Alene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue.  They stick quickly and dry fast and clear.  Then I cut the word "autumn" from Creative Impressions Autumn Splendor twill ribbon.  When the word doesn't quite fill the space in the metal frame, I layer it on top of the same ribbon flipped over.


Hope you enjoyed this card and happy fall, y'all!!

4 comments:

  1. Excellent as always! Art is interpreted differently by different minds. I mean this as a compliment. At first glance I see a door to a beautifully textured home exterior. It says WELCOME! I absolutely LOVE this!! That creative mind of yours is never without new ideas. Beautiful work. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of those pretty leaves!!

    ReplyDelete