Monday, November 26, 2018

Fun Christmas Card Embellishments!

Is everyone ready for the holidays?  I always think I have lots of time to get things done and then I find that the time has passed too quickly and I'm not prepared!  I still need to work on Christmas cards.  I know those of you who have waited will want to see something quick and easy, so here is one of a series of cards I have created using Creative Impressions embellishments:


Using red card stock, I die cut "Merry Christmas" from the Merry Christmas die by Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous.  The Pine Bough is from Impression Obsesson.  I die cut it three times from scrap green card stock.

After adhering the words to a white card, I edged the piece with Barn Door Distress Ink and adhered it to a Bo Bunny patterned piece from my museum of paper.  (I call it that since I have so much! Time to use it!).  Then I adhered the die cut pine boughs.

You will notice that I have added some beautiful Creative Impressions Metallic Christmas Light Bulb Paper Fasteners (90655) to my card design.  I adhered some Evergreen/White Bakers Twine (80718)  to the pine boughs to act as a"light strand".  Then I poked some holes in different areas and added the beautiful brads.  I really felt the addition of these brads made the entire piece "pop"!  Love them!  Here are some close-ups:



Can you see the metallic shine on these close-up photos?

Hope this card design gave you some ideas for some since last-minute Christmas cards!

Susan

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Susan. You must be feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas card. Love the special touches, like the bakers twine and Christmas bulbs.

    ReplyDelete