Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Is it Really October?

Oh my!  I am still in a state of shock that October is here already!  I'm sure you all know that the beginning of October means that Halloween is right around the corner!  Yikes!

I sat down in my studio to create some Halloween cards that would be fast and easy - and most of all fun - so that I didn't have an excuse not to send out some fun cards.  Here they are:



I really wanted to incorporate Creative Impressions's Halloween and Cat Felt Shapes into my cards.  Those bats are just too cute, especially with the addition of some tiny google eyes, so they made an appearance on all three cards.





I created "Moons" on all three cards.  On the first two  I die cut the moons using a circle nesting die.  I wanted to add some texture to the moons, so I used a small piece of Orange Web Ribbon behind the circle opening.  Loved the result!  For the their card I punched out a white circle.

The first card uses the Felt Bat Shapes exclusively.  The second one I added the Felt Ghost Shape sticking up behind a stamped image of a graveyard.  I created another moon the same way as the first and finished off the card with some black Organdy Bow Cord, also from Creative Impressions.

Finally, the last card uses the Black Cat from the Cat Shapes Felt.  I wanted it to look like he was climbing along a wire, so I used the same Black wrapped around a piece of 1/2" Orange Grosgrain Ribbon which was wrapped around a narrow piece of purple card stock.  A google eye makes it look like he is afraid of the bat.

Hope you are inspired to make your own Halloween cards using Creative Impressions Felt shapes and embellishments!

Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment