Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Ladybug Greeting

Hello Everyone:

I know it seems to be cooling off around here in Colorado and Fall is on it's way, but I am not quite ready to give up on some of my favorite things about Summer - including ladybugs.  That little insect makes me happy!  As a matter of fact, it makes me happy year round!  Why not create a cute little card using dies and Creative Impressions Ladybug Ribbon and Leafy Vine?


A friend of mine gave me this die awhile ago, so I apologize that I don't know who makes it.  However, I'm sure there are many available.  Also, I previously made another ladybug card using just round circle punches in different sizes.  Easy!

I  loved being able to use some leftover pieces of white, red and black card stock.  I layered three small squares to a slightly larger square of red and finally a larger black square.  I then added a small length of Celery Leafy Vine across each square and adhered a ladybug over the vine using a small piece of foam tape.

I used a leftover piece of polka dot design paper to attach to the bottom portion of a white card.  Before placing at the bottom, I adhered the paper to a slightly larger piece of black card stock and wrapped a length of Ladybug Ribbon around the top of the piece.  I added two ladybug squares to the bottom piece and one to the top, leaving a bit of room to stamp "Happy Birthday" right under the top piece.

Hope this card puts a smile on your face as it did mine!  Have a great week!

Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment