Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Happy Birthday - Touches of Color


Another simple card today.  My schedule is really busy lately and I'm LOVING simple.  You?

This was a fun color play.  Very little color in the card, but a nice exercise in tying in touches of color for balance. 

The Creative Impressions brads and flower brad gave me three touches of yellow.  The layered panel, Creative Impressions flower center and message ribbon gave three touches of purple.  The bird cage, birds and words "happy birthday" gave three touches of black.  I used a twill ribbon layer behind the purple ribbon and balanced that with a kraft card stock card base.  I also did a double matted the card with a white layer which really made the 3D embossed background layer pop.

These will be birthday cards for my little girl cousins.   Creative Impressions always saves the day for me when doing kids birthday cards because I don't have many "kid" stamps or elements.

Thanks for checking out my blog and find some touches of color in your day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment