Monday, March 19, 2018

Easter Origami Boxes

Today I am excited to share some sweet Easter Origami boxes with you!


I am hosting an Easter dinner and decided that I wanted each guest to have a little gift by their plate.  I remembered making some origami boxes a while ago and got the idea to create Easter "boxes" instead of baskets!  These were super easy to make and  fun with the addition of Creative Impressions embellishments!

To make these boxes, I searched the internet for a simple Origami Box tutorial.  I wanted to use some heavier paper I had which was 8 1/2" x 11", so I cut one paper for the bottom to 8 1/4" x 8 1/4".  I cut the top paper piece slightly larger to 8 1/2" x 8 1/2".  Then I followed the instructions to create the box.

Believe it or not, I actually took the box top apart again, using my scored lines to determine where the box sides were located.  I stamped "Easter Blessings" on the side and back panels.  Then I reassembled the box top.



Now the fun begins!  I used a stipple brush to add some blue ink onto the top of the box for the sky.  Then I adhered either a bunny or a lamb image.  Once dry, I cut two pieces Creative Impressions 2" Web Ribbon in Lime, overlapping slightly in the center.  I cut into the top of my "grass" with my scissors.  Using Matte Medium as the adhesive works really well and dries completely clear.

After adding several stamped and cut out eggs to the grass, I punched three holes in the box top and adhered Creative Impressions Soft Flower Assortment Brads to the top.  Then I punched another hole in the "sky" and added a Metallic Butterfly Brad.



I wanted to personalize each little box so I used Creative Impressions Pastel Metal Frames                        with the same color brads and wrote my grandson's name in the center.  I will be doing this with all the boxes!



Now all that is left to do is fill the box with some candy and give them out to friends and family!

This is also a fun project to do with kids.  I will be creating more with several little girls I know.

Happy Easter!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment