Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentines Day Love

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Susan has created another project for us - this time a beautiful canvas using a variety of Creative Impressions Ribbons and Embellishments.


I started off with a plain white canvas and used paints to add some white, pink and grey touches to the background.  I knew that I wanted to leave the photo is black and white, so those colors complimented the picture well.


Then I took some of my favorite Web Ribbon (in Grey) and adhered it to the left side of the canvas with matte medium.  I also stamped two lovely borders onto a piece of tissue paper, using black ink.  I cut them out and adhered them to the canvas, also using matte medium.


Love that texture I get from the Web Ribbon!  Now it was time to add the photo.


At this point we need some color added to this piece.  I laid out several widths and colors of ribbon and ended up with this:


I used Creative Impressions Pink with Black Dots 1/2" Dot Ribbon and some Braided Ribbon.  They were both glued down using matte medium.  Once they were dry, I created a bow out of the Dot Ribbon and adhered it at the top left.



It is getting there, but not quite yet.  I added some small White Pearls in several places to the stamped border along with another piece of Braided Ribbon at the bottom of the photo with was threaded through a metal word band.  Now to add some sweet little white butterflies from the Soft Butterfly Assortment and some Pink Metallic Hearts threaded through White Mini Clips for a touch of bling and added color:


It still amazes me what a Big difference Small embellishments can make!  This was all this canvas needed to take it to beautiful!  Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment